Know more about the Inca Jungle Trek
The Inca Jungle is a fantastic alternative route to reach Machu Picchu, combining mountain biking, white water rafting, hiking, hot spring, zip-line and lot of Inca history. This action-packed adventure takes you into the Peruvian jungle, along a beautiful section of the original Inca Trail, and finishes in Machu Picchu – one of the most incredible locations on the planet. You will experience various stunning landscapes, including; the Andean mountain range, cloud forest, the Urubamba River, and the Peruvian jungle. You will also have time to explore local banana, coffee, and avocado plantations. With such a unique and varied itinerary, it’s not hard to see why the Inca Jungle Tour is now one of the most popular routes to Machu Picchu. If you’re searching for a multi-sport adventure and want to experience as much of Peru’s incredible scenery as possible – this is the ideal tour for you.
Highlights of the Inca Jungle Trek
- Book with Confidence and Flexibility
- Best multi-sport tour to Machu Picchu
- Enjoy the thrilling mountain biking down to the rain forest
- Adrenaline-filled river rafting on class II and III rapids
- Trek along off the beaten lost Inca Trails
- Visit Machu Picchu and return on the panoramic train
On this day we will pick you up from your hotel and drive about 2:30 hours to reach the Abra Malaga over 4,316 meters, is here where we’ll start our mountain bike descending for more than 2 hours, our guide will provide us the gears and safety speech.
This mountain bike takes about 45km / 27 miles, along the route you’ll have incredible views how the Andes is changing in the high Peruvian jungle, once you have done with the cycling to will board the bus to reach the Santa Maria town 1,200 meters / 3937 feet where you’ll enjoy a local lunch.
Afterwards, you’ll will have fun in the whitewater rafting in Urubamba river, this activity takes about 2 hours in total, you’ll fine different class in this river, I-II-III with some rapid and games than you will enjoy every minute.
Once you have done with this activity you’ll have dinner and spend the first night in this town.
The most adventure day on this 4-Day tour, after a great breakfast you’ll start the hike through the Peruvian high jungle, this hike takes about 8 hours in total and the distance is 18km / 11 miles. This hike will takes you to the most incredible landscapes with spectacular views, also you will visit some local farms where is growing some coca, banana, avocado, papayas, coffee plantations and learn about it.
Be ready to see the wildlife around the area, monkeys, parrots, snakes, spiders, and more
Hike on the most famous Inca trail with great history and enjoy the best view of the valley.
After a few hours of hike you will reach the thermal baths where you will relax the have look the surrounding landscapes.
Spend the night in Santa Teresa town.
Let’s keep exploring the beautiful Peruvian high jungle, and today we will have a day of full adrenaline, our team will come to pick up from the restaurant and drive to the zip-line base camp get the gears and let’s to flight through different cables located on the valley.
During the afternoon you will hike following the train rail to reach the famous Machu Picchu town, on this section of the hike you will appreciate stunning views, even better see little site of Machu Picchu.
The most important day on this Inca Jungle tour, today we’re going to visit one of the most important Inca site in whole Peru, Machu Picchu awaits for you!
Wake up early in order to see the sunrise in Machu Picchu, board our bus and explore this enigmatic ancient building, your guide will take you to the best view point to enjoy the modern wonder.
Explore the highlight of it before the crowds arrive and take your time to capture the most incredible photos.
After have done visiting the whole circuit you will take your bus down to Machu Picchu town have some lunch there and board the train to back to Cusco.
Included in the Inca Jungle Trek
- Safety briefing that is held the day before the tour.
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel.
- All transportation Included during the tour.
- Entrance Ticket to all the places we visit
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- One night in a rustic lodge on day 1
- One night in a basic hotel on day 2
- One night in a 3-star hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Comfortable mountain bikes, helmets, and gloves
- Rafting equipment with professional guides
- Three breakfasts, three lunches, and three dinners
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
- Round trip bus to Machu Picchu
- Train back to Ollantaytambo
- Transportation back to your hotel
- First Aid Kit
Not Included in the Inca Jungle Trek
- Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Machu Picchu Mountain (Different from Machu Picchu citadel)
- Trekking poles
- First breakfast and last day lunch at Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance (Strongly recommended)